From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-10 18:05:29

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:54:37 +0300, Boris wrote
> Rene Rivera wrote:
> > OK I've done more changes/improvements. It's now a fluid layout. Since
> > no one except Dave had suggestions on what to I went with his idea of
> > two (mostly equal) columns. In this case the left is fluid the right
> > is fixed.
> >
> > I also removed everything except the latest release information. For
> > the simple reason that more than that make the page unnecessarily
> > long. After all anything older than the latest version isn't "Latest
> > News".
> > http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/index.htm
>
> I just glanced at the layout and strongly suggest to move the
> navigation bar to the left side. The webpage is adhering to W3C
> standards and should follow usability standards, too. At least I
> don't know many websites with a right-handed navigation bar?

I'm actually starting to wonder if a 3 column arrangement might be better.
Some of the key links would be grouped on the left -- search can be pushed to
the right -- news in the center. A really radical design would be to hotlink
library docs from the left column. See http://www.w3.org/ for an example of
this sort of layout -- just brainstorming here...

Jeff