From: Mark Blewett (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-10 18:21:56

At 00:06 11/04/2005, you wrote:
>Boris wrote:
>>Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>>>OK I've done more changes/improvements. It's now a fluid layout. Since
>>>no one except Dave had suggestions on what to I went with his idea of
>>>two (mostly equal) columns. In this case the left is fluid the right
>>>is fixed.
>>>
>>>I also removed everything except the latest release information. For
>>>the simple reason that more than that make the page unnecessarily
>>>long. After all anything older than the latest version isn't "Latest
>>>News".
>>>http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/index.htm
>>
>>I just glanced at the layout and strongly suggest to move the navigation
>>bar to the left side. The webpage is adhering to W3C standards and should
>>follow usability standards, too. At least I don't know many websites with
>>a right-handed navigation bar?
>
>I like it at the right. I don't see any reason why it can't be in
>the right. Could you give us a link to a W3C reference that says
>navigation bars should be in the left?

I agree (about navigation on the right), and personally I'm starting to
favour it.

Ok its not the norm but the main reason for me is it makes the content (ie
the important stuff) easier to read because its more like a book, ie when
you get to the end of a line, you move to the left margin.. not some point
part way across.

Maybe its because there are too many badly designed sites out there or
maybe I'm more used to traditional mediums.

Regards
Mark