From: ION_G_M (ION_G_M_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-12 01:34:35

Hi to all,

 Lately I've been very busy at work and doing some kde translations, so
I didn't have time to work in the documentation. Pavel already have
made some good suggestions but I didn't have the time to do them.

 Surely, Shmem documentation should have much more examples and should
clarify confusing vocabulary. I'm still lazy about changing to
QuickBook but since it can include source code examples directly, it
should be the way to go. It is just that configuring BoostBook was not
easy, so I'm just afraid of QuickBook ;-)

 Now, after excuses and tears, I've just finished the new classes I was
coding and I've done some small fixes to do a new snapshot. I don't
plan to work on Shmem for the next 20 days, so forgive me if you are
waiting better documentation.

Fixes and new features:

-> Small bug fixes as always

-> New shared memory containers: equivalents to STL
set/multi/set/map/multimap adapted from SGI's STL. Now we have red-
black trees in shared memory

-> Full-powered strings in shared memory: basic_string class used with
Shmem STL compatible allocators allows the same functionality as
std::basic_string.

 If you have any suggestion, improvement or idea, please, let me know.
Regards,

Ion