From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-12 08:35:32

kalin wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>>

>> I'm not sure about votes like:
>>
>> vote:
>> 37
>>

> This did indeed get sent, all 37, with no variations. :)

I think this breaks the rules of IRV, which asks for several different
options.

>> and votes like:
>>
>> vote:
>> 50
>> 50
>> 83
>> 83
>> 75
>>
>> Does the IRV voting allows listing the same candidate several times? Will
>> this skew the resuls?
>>

> I believe this was probably multiple variations being chosen.
> Couldn't find the exact email at a cursory glance, but quite
> a few were like this, with multiple variations voted for.

I think this breaks the rules of IRV, too. If in both cases, the votes were
required to provide 5 different options, it would have changed the
distribution of votes. And there's quite a number of other duplicate
selections.

However, the only fix would be to ask the original votes to recast the
votes. Simply removing duplicates from each preference vector does not
change the results.

>> Also:
>>
>> vote:
>> 0
>> 75
>> 75
>> 38
>> 1
>>
>> Does not look correct. Don't we number candidates from 1?
>>

> There was one vote for no logo at all, and it was numbered 0, so
> I still wrote it down. :)

Ok, I see.

- Volodya