From: Boris (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-13 02:01:25

Hi Andre,

Michel André wrote:
> [...] The socket class hierarchy doesn't make sense to me given we an
> acceptor inheriting from socket which would have send and receive ops
> but send and recv arent allowed on a listening socket only accept.

read and write operations are still missing in this class hierarchy which I
agree is not helpful. :) Actually I didn't plan to add them to class socket
but only to class datagram, passive and connector. Maybe it makes sense to
create an iosocket class which provides read and write operations and
inherit datagram, passive and connector from it. In your design you don't
inherit connector from io_stream for the only reason because you don't and
can't do so with acceptor?

Boris