From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-13 03:41:46

Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Gennadiy, *please* fix this immediately. We're hoping to feature-freeze
> for the next release this Friday and it's rather hard to do with so
> much broken code.

What is going on with Boost.Build version 2? Are we going to go
through _another_ release cycle without retiring version 1? I think
the upgrade to version 2 had better be a requirement for this
release. That may upset people not too involved with the development
of the build system, but having our attention spread across three
versions (yes, three -- there's a Python port underway) is costing
Boost too much. Getting our build/test system to be solid is crucial
for Boost as a whole and that isn't going to happen until the BB team
regains its focus.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting