From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-13 11:48:55

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
>> No, because the Win32 implementation on non-MSVC/Intel makes indirect
>> calls to the kernel Interlocked* functions. The g++ version is
>> better.
>
> So that brings up this question..
>
> Would it be preferable to have CodeWarrior on Windows use an assembly
> implementation? That is have a sp_counted_base_cw_x86.hpp, with the
> same implementation as sp_counted_base_gcc_x86.hpp.

Maybe. I was trying to avoid sp_counted_base_* variations unless necessary.
Since we need g++/x86 for non-Windows platforms anyway, it seems reasonable
to use it on Windows, too.

I wonder if CodeWarrior supports the _Interlocked* family as intrinsic
functions. If it does, we'll just need to enable the appropriate path in
detail/interlocked.hpp for __MWERKS__.

In any event, I think that this can wait for after 1.33 is released.