From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-13 12:52:10

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> "Tobias Schwinger" <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
>>Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
>>
>>>Hi everybody,
>>>
>>>If anybody can try or has recently tried the proposed typeof library
>
> with
>
>>>any compilelr, other than GCC or MSVC, can you please let me know what
>
> the
>
>>>results are?
>>>
>>>You can take the library at its usual place:
>>>
>>>http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/, typeof.zip
>>
>>Hi Arkadiy,
>>
>>here are my results from testing with different versions of BCC.
>

> Thanks, Tobias. Looks like we are not very close to having it ported to
> this compiler...

I looked a little deeper into it (-; maybe your pessimism made me curious).

The preprocessor bug isn't a typeof issue:

BOOST_PP_UNARY isn't working correctly with the preprocessor of BCC and
always expands to nothing.

So I changed 1,2,3 to (class),(class)(class) and (class)(class)(class),
respectively.

Then there are a few problems parsing the registration code for integral
  template parameters because of this bug:

   template...
   struct foo
   {
       typedef ... type;
   // typedef ... type ... another_type; // won't work
       typedef foo self;
       typedef ... self::type ... another_type; // works
   };

When fixed the registration parses correctly. It still has problems to
parse the actual typeof expression. Unfortunately it completely blows up
the parser (probably an internal limit is exceeded) and doesn't leave me
with much error reporting.
Is there a configuration option to scale down the size of the MPL-vector
used for the encoding ?

Regards,

Tobias