From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-15 13:21:55

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 07:50:39PM +0200, Martin Wille wrote:

> <lament>
> What makes me really worry is that many places even seem to be unaware
> of the fact that there is a C++ standard. I'm afraid most software is
> still being written by copy-pasting stuff from questionable sources on
> the web by people who don't understand what they're doing.
> </lament>

And from really bad books.

There are several beginners' C++ books published every year, far too
often by authors who barely understand the language, let alone how to
teach it to a beginner.

Worse still, the good books that are published often go unrecognised by
the majority of programmers. Reading e.g. the "c++ in depth" series
should not be seen as too advanced for most people.

jon