From: Miro Jurisic (macdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-15 19:32:44

In article <4260449B.5050306_at_[hidden]>,
 Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've made a variety of changes to incorporate the variety of concerns
> people had. There are problem that I likely did not fix. And of course
> your browser mileage may vary. I'm not going to mention what the changes
> are. They should either be obvious, and I'd rather not influence
> perceptions :-)
>
> Yes, both the front and history page are updated.
>
> http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/index.htm
> http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/more/version_history.html

My brain parses "text in a box on the right" as "ad" and ignores it. I literally
spent minutes reading this page before even realizing there is content on the
right even though I had looked at a previous version.

Maybe my brain is weird, and I certainly have no idea how you might work around
this behavior of my brain, but I wanted to mention it in case I am not the only
one.

I think some combination of: non-white background in right sidebar, no shadows
around boxes, and only horizontal borders in sidebar might help to make the
sidebar parse less like ads and more like a sidebar

hth