From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-16 05:28:09

Hello Preston,

Preston A. Elder wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 01:45:11 -0400, Preston A. Elder wrote:
>
> There is a solution here:
> http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg71111.php
>
> And it WORKS! :)
>
> The question is now, what is the status of this being included into boost?
> This is a very highly useful library :)

It's under development. Unfortunately the process is rather slow lately,
because Terje and me are very busy.

There's still a lot to be done to consistently meet Boost quality and
there are some very useful changes in the pipeline [ inspired by this
paper: http://tinyurl.com/arqo9 ], however, these are only my sketches,
right now.

It is currently in flux and it will be another few months until we can
talk about an "official preview version".

The part of the interface which deals with operator detection is pretty
much stable (although there will be minor changes - e.g. I'm planning on
renaming 'has_comma_op' to 'has_user_defined_comma_op', otherwise it
would always have to return 'true' to be consistent with the others;
probably the ones that cannot be detected without registration will be
moved away from this directory).

Regards,

Tobias