From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-16 17:15:04

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:59:44 +0300, Boris wrote

> Hugo's code was a one-person effort. The whole stuff I set up on
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-
> bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostNet is based on what Hugo and others
> contributed in the Wiki. This *is* an attempt to go on with what we
> have already. Looking at all the discussions going on here I am not
> hopeless. The stuff I wrote in this thread was an attempt to give a
> summary of the discussions and make some decisions to go on with the
> design (as these discussions must lead to something practical of
> course). I don't know if this will work in the end. But I don't want
> to create a library by myself as I agree that these one-person
> efforts have proven to fail.

Yeah, I know you are trying to extend the original work, but as a group it
doesn't seem like we have that focus. Also, I wasn't sure if you were going
to look at Hugo's initial implementation or not. At the end of the day, I,
like Doug, don't really care where or how the code appears -- so if people
want to abandon Hugo's initial effort that's fine, but it would seem like a
shorter path to build on the original work. I haven't looked at the new stuff
in the sandbox or read the other thread yet...

Jeff