From: Martin Slater (mslater_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-20 04:34:29

> That's not correct. In fact, supporting VC6 or gcc 2 costs a lot of CPU
> time for the testers.

I've never paid for my cpu time so I'm not sure what the issue is here.
Tests for me start at about 10pm and they have approximately 10 hours to
complete. It makes zero difference to me if it takes 2 hours or the full
10. If its still not complete by the time I get to the office then it'll
probably just be nuked so I can get on with some work but that has not
happened since I got my intial teething problems ironed out.

To put it another way, if the developer chooses to support older
compilers then I am more than happy to let it trigger tests. Sooner or
later the old compilers will go away and all this discussion will be
moot, we just need to keep arguing for another year or so;)

Also looking at the regression summary no one is testing vanilla vc6 at
the moment anyway so if anyone wants it give me a shout i'll setup for
it as well.

Martin