From: Don G (dongryphon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-21 10:27:42

Greetings All,

After many discussions over the past week or two on this topic, I've
made some changes to the abstraction I proposed (more along the lines
of the Wiki stuff). Hopefully tonight/this_weekend I will get around
to adding thoughts to the HTML file that describes the proposal.

I've had trouble replacing files in the sandbox, so I started a
SourceForge project where I could post more stuff than just a zip.

http://netiphany.sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/projects/netiphany

If there is a way to "evolve" a posting to the sandbox, I would be
happy to do that as well.

I've noticed that the Browse CVS area is many hours behind. I guess
that is by design... None the less, many updates were posted just
prior to this email and I don't see them yet. Also, the CVS stats in
the project page are all 0. Ignore that :)

New since last time:
- network hierarchy refactored by adding some base classes
   (the leaf classes are effectively the same).
- socket classes
- address_family classes
- url class defined
- timeout class defined (microsecs)