From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-21 18:22:02

Fernando Cacciola wrote:
> "Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> escribi� en el mensaje
>
>>Beman Dawes wrote:
>>
>>>Comments?
>>
>>* Update the wiki with a set of concerns about moving to SVN.
>>
>>My biggest concern is still the disfunctional merge operation of SVN. In
>>my last contract job a few weeks ago I had it loose a set of changes
>>during a merge :-(
>
> FWIW we've been using SVN for a year and a half now and we've never had a
> merge problem.

That's good to hear. Since I've only used SVN on that job I'd suspect my
problems could be related to the way the repository was used, or misused
as the case may be. Although there is a documented deficiency with SVN
not using the branch and revision history to do the merge.

It's one of those things we should watch out for. Not one of those that
would prevent us from moving to SVN ;-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything