From: Vishnu Mahadevan Menon (vishnu_m_menon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-21 22:56:19

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I did try including
<boost/serialization/string.hpp>, but the error is
still there. The strange thing is, I do not get this
error everytime I try to serialize STL collections -
it seems to pop up only in certain places.

Regards,
Vishnu.

--- Felipe Magno de Almeida
<felipe.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I dont know if has anything with this error, but
> Have you included <boost/serialization/string.hpp> ?
>
> Vishnu Mahadevan Menon wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I seem to be getting the following compilation
> error
> > even after I've included
> > <boost/serialization/vector.hpp> in the source
> file.
> > I'm using VS.net 7.1 to compile.
> >
> > [QUOTE]

c:\Boost\include\boost_1_32_0\boost\serialization\access.hpp(106)
> > : error C2039: 'serialize' : is not a member of
> > 'std::vector<_Ty>'
> > with
> > [
> > _Ty=std::string
> > ]

c:\Boost\include\boost_1_32_0\boost\serialization\serialization.hpp(78)
> > : see reference to function template instantiation
> > 'void

boost::serialization::access::serialize<Archive,T>(Archive
> > &,T &,const unsigned int)' being compiled
> > with
> > [
> > Archive=boost::archive::xml_iarchive,
> > T=std::vector<std::string>
> > ]

c:\Boost\include\boost_1_32_0\boost\serialization\serialization.hpp(121)
> > : see reference to function template instantiation
> > 'void
> > boost::serialization::serialize<Archive,T>(Archive
> &,T
> > &,const unsigned int)' being compiled
> > with
> > [
> > Archive=boost::archive::xml_iarchive,
> > T=std::vector<std::string>
> > ]

c:\Boost\include\boost_1_32_0\boost\archive\detail\iserializer.hpp(159)
> > : see reference to function template instantiation
> > 'void

boost::serialization::serialize_adl<Archive,T>(Archive
> > &,T &,const unsigned int)' being compiled
> > with
> > [
> > Archive=boost::archive::xml_iarchive,
> > T=std::vector<std::string>
> > ]

c:\Boost\include\boost_1_32_0\boost\archive\detail\iserializer.hpp(109)
> > : while compiling class-template member function
> 'void

boost::archive::detail::iserializer<Archive,T>::load_object_data(boost::archive::detail::basic_iarchive