From: Michel André (michel.andre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-22 07:10:21

Peter Dimov wrote:
>> This means we have one global dispatcher for the library (completion
>> queue in asynch case). Isn't there a need to have several dispatchers
>> to be able to group connections to several dispatchers/pollers.
>

> You can probably guess that I think that the answer is no. ;-)

Yep ;)

Do you have specific reasons? Like interface simplicity, implementation
complexity?

How do you stop the asynch polling threads started with net::asynch_poll
or isn't that needed?

Why should delivery of notifications from net::poll only be on
operations started from that thread? This would divide threads to i/o
non i/o and I won't be able to post async op from non i/o threads. Or am
I missing some parts of the puzzle ;)

/Michel