From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-22 11:32:06

Michel André wrote:
> Do you envisione some way to control the threading policy for
> net::asynch_poll? Such as number or working threads or whatnot or
> should it be at the libraries discretion.

I think that the library should be in a good position to know which method
delivers the best performance on the current platform, so I'm inclined to
trust it to determine the number of worker threads automatically. If I want
finer control I'd probably drop down to the native facilities anyway,
because my application would be non-portable.