From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-23 14:33:12

boost::aligned_storage is supposed to be an implementation of TR1
aligned_storage, which yields a POD. I even see a specialization of is_pod
for aligned_storage in the header. However the class itself (::type only
echoes its type back) does not seem a POD at all. It has a default
constructor, destructor, a private copy constructor and whatnot.
aligned_storage_test does not test its PODness, it only looks at is_pod.

I think that a reasonable test for PODness would be to try to initialize
with = {} (if nonscalar) and/or use it in a union.

--
Peter Dimov
http://www.pdimov.com