From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-23 17:45:23

Allen <yaozhen_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I am confused that shall we consist of writing all the Boost tools
> in C++? Or they can be written in any other languages such as shell
> scripts, Perl, Python, or even Java, C# or whatever convenient?
>
> I must declare that I am not a C++ purist or monomania.:) I have no
> intent to depreciate any of the languages other than C++, nor
> depreciate any of the valuable work done by Boosters. I just
> *wonder* what is the distinction between Boost libraries and tools
> exactly, and whether there is a rule we should follow for the
> development of Boost tools.

We don't need a special policy for Boost tools. They can be written
in any language that is broadly understood. I'd prefer it if people
stayed with languages *I* understand and write (C++, Python, not
Perl), of course, but I suspect that many people feel that way so my
list isn't special ;->

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting