From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-24 09:04:22

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:52:20 +0200, David Abrahams wrote
> Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > At midnight tonight (Friday) the main trunk/CVS HEAD is feature-frozen
> > and only bug fixes may be committed. New features should go on a
> > separate development branch.
>
> Does that go for new libraries where it isn't possible to cause a
> regression with respect to 1.32.0? The Boost Parameters library is
> currently checked in, but not in the state we intended. The features
> we have now are in very good shape, but several extensions were
> requested that we intended to have implemented for this release and
> "of course" we need to re-do all the documentation. I realize docs
> are in a different class from everything else...
>
> Anyway, we can of course move the new development to a branch. I'm not
> pushing to do it on the main trunk; I just want clarification.

Not the release manager opinion here: seems to me that you should be able to
proceed on the main branch because as you say nothing else depends on the new
lib -- so any mistakes only affect named parms. Worst case is that Doug can
pull the library before the release if it doesn't get to an acceptable
condition in time. Of course if you are altering other libs (say mpl for
random example) as part of your work then this theory is blown to shreds...

Jeff