From: Sam Ferland (cpp_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-25 09:22:30

Hi,

I have used various boost-libraries before but now, when I am trying to build
the simple Boost.Threads test application posted by Peter Dimov on this list
the other day (http://tinyurl.com/aotq7), I am stuck :-(

I copied and pasted Peter's code into an empty Win32-Console-project in my
development environment - which happens to be VC++7.1...

When trying to get the build through, I get the error: "Mixing a dll boost
library with a static runtime is a really bad idea...".
This message is probably more than enough for most experienced Boost and
Windows developers to say - Oh yes, my stupid #¤*@£¤ I must of course do that
and that too, to get the build through. However, poor me is left clueless.

I have once built all of boost using bjam so I have two different boost_thread-
vc71-mt-*.dlls and the corresponding lib-files within the boost/lib-folder.

But I do not know how to set-up my project to first get the compile and then
the link through. And I cannot find any helpful information in the
Boost.Threads documentation?! Even Google didn't provide any help...
So I'd be very glad for any help from you guys!

Regards,
Sam