From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-25 12:46:45

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:03:56 -0700
"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> At Monday 2005-04-25 04:42, you wrote:
> >I recently downloaded a free C++ compiler from Microsoft, as a
> >package called the "Visual C++ Toolkit 2003" - the compiler tells me
> >that it is a "Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version
> >13.10.3077 for 80x86".
>
> This is NOT the VC6 compiler. It is the compiler that comes with
> vs.net2003 and is one of the compilers I use when running the
> regression tests for boost.

Interesting. I downloaded this so I could have a MS compiler version
for testing portability changes. However, I can not get it to work. I
installed it according to the recommendations, set VC71_ROOT to the
directory above the bin directory of the installation, but got errors
that bin\vcvars32.bat was unrecognized batch file, so I copied that file
from the "root" down into the "bin" directory, but still get the same
errors. Funny, the compilations seem to try to execute, and it seems
some work, but I get the batch file errors. Maybe the compiles work
because I ran the batch file already. I also get linker errors looking
for a library called msvcprtd.lib.

Anyway, do you have any suggestions for how to get this config working?

Thanks!