From: Johannes Brunen (jbrunen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 05:04:39

> Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library? Be sure to
> say this explicitly so that your other comments don't obscure your overall
> opinion.

Yes, it should be accepted.

> What is your evaluation of the design?

Convincing. I like the simple user interface most.
What I dislike is the upper case spelling of the
macro, because it is so much keyword like. However,
I'm unsure what counts more: the upper case spelling
rule for macros or the wish to have a foreach keyword
undistinguishable from the other C++ keywords. So this
is actually no point at all.

> What is your evaluation of the implementation?

It is amazing what can be done with C++.
However, I'm not qualified to make any comments about
the implementation.

> What is your evaluation of the documentation?

It is short and to the point. What I'm missing is an example
for using BOOST_FOREACH with the std::map container.
As Michael Toksvig already said, the documentation should mention as
many pitfalls as possible.

> What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

This is a very useful library. It is unfortunate that there isn't a
build in keyword 'foreach' in the C++ language. If the library is
going into boost I will starting to use it for my daily work.

> Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
> problems?

Yes, with MinGW (gcc 3.4.2). I did not have any problems.

> How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
> reading? In-depth study?

I tried some examples (std::list, std::deque, std::set, std::map, int[])
with no problems. I read the documentation and looked into the powerpoint
presentation. However, I did not study the source code (foreach.hpp)
in-depth.

> Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

Yes, form the user's point of view.

With best regards

Johannes Brunen

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit