From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 05:42:43

> What is your evaluation of the design?

Very good. The API is nice and clean. I like the flexibility it gives to the
user (either lvalues or rvalues, either declare a variable or just use it,
etc.), so that he does not have to "think" much. I also like that you can
cleanly use break in the middle of the loop. I also evaluated competing
implementation (including Qt 4's foreach) and I believe that Eric's is by far
the best.

> What is your evaluation of the implementation?

State of the art. I did not try to understand really everything, but I followed
most of the code, and I also read Eric's article about the so-called "?:
metaprogramming", and it's really clever stuff.

> What is your evaluation of the documentation?

Cute and simple. Others mentioned that a warning should be added about the use
of commas in template argument lists.

> What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

It is really useful. We are already using it in many applications, and
enginereers just love it.

> Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
problems?

VC71, no problems whatsoever.

> How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick reading?
In-depth study?

In-depth study.

> Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

Yes, I also work with other languages which provide foreach-like language
support, so I know what we are heading for here.

I believe the library should be accepted into Boost.

Giovanni Bajo