From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 08:38:52

daniel.egloff_at_[hidden] wrote:

[Doug, there's a question to you as release manager at the end of this emal]

> Dear boost list
>
> It has been discussed several times already that
> boost::program_options throws an error if an unknown option is
> encountered.
> However, for command line options there is a boolean flag to handle
> unknown option (presumably?)
>
> In program_options/details/cmdline.hpp :
>
> cmdline(int argc, const char*const * argv, int style,
> bool allow_unregistered = false);
>
> However, common_command_line_parser::run(), when constructing a
> cmdline object does not forward this flag.

Hi Daniel,
I have both good news and bad news.

The good news is that it's now possible to specify this flag via the public
interface. Just

    command_line_parser(argc, avgv).allow_unregistered().run()

will do. The bad news is that my recent refactoring broke support for
'allow_unregistered' inside command line parser. Really bad, especially given
that I intended to add 'allow_unregistered' to the public interface as I did
the changes. And we're in feature freeze mode now :-(

Doug, what's your opinion about my fixing the problem, despite feature freeze?
Basically, there's public interface function that does not work at all, so it
can be considered as bugfix, not as a new feature.

- Volodya