From: Philippe Mori (philippe_mori_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 12:59:49

>I just want to develop wrapper around LoadLibrary, FreeLibrary,
>GetProcAddress
> for Windows and dlopen, dlclose, dlsym for Unix OSs.
>
> I think it is very easy to do and no additional functionality shall be
> added
> (maybe in another library). I tryed to design KISS (Keep It Stupid Simply)
> and
> platform-independed wrapper.
>
> -- Vladislav

For me, it seems that the library should also handle calling functions that
are
exported from the library that is loaded. Can this be done in a way that
does not depends on the platform as the calling convention is probably
different.

And probably, it would be usefull to be able to remember the address
of a function after we get it once and have the ability to keep the library
loaded.

Then when the library is unloaded? Under Windows, we typically
need to unload libraries before exiting main if some libraries also
load other ones and a library or the application has static object
that would cause code to be executed when destroyed...

If we let the system unload the dynamically loaded libraries,
the system does not always knows "dynamic" depedencies
and might unload the DLL in the wrong order.

Philippe