From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 13:59:31

"Jody Hagins" <jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:11:31 -0400
> "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I am sorry to jump into the middle of discussion, but I wanted to
>> comment on that:
>>
>> From my experience (and I wrote several logging solutions used in
>> production) logging system is required to provide an explicit log
>> level support. Any other solution is simply unacceptable. The same
>> applies to keyword and category.
>

> Could you please expand on the above, as I am not sure what you are
> trying to say.

IMO logging library is required to support trace entry filtering based on:

1. Log level
DEBUG, WARNING, ... CRITICAL

2. Category
program flow, data flow, arguments, e.t.c

3. Keyword
Any subsystem of the end-user system could define unique keyword and trace
entries should be marked by it. For example: "XMLparser", "SocketLib" e.t.c

Gennadiy