From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 20:32:35

Bertolt Mildner wrote:
> when building boost.thread (from public CVS / HEAD) with CW 8.3 i get the
> following warnings:

> cw-C++-action
> ...\..\..\bin\boost\libs\thread\build\libboost_thread.lib\cw\debug\
> threading-multi\read_write_mutex.obj
> ### mwcc Compiler:
> # File: ..\src\read_write_mutex.cpp
> # ------------------------------------
> # 934: }
> # Warning: ^
> # return value expected
> ### mwcc Compiler:
> # 1163: }
> # Warning: ^
> # return value expected

Neither of these appear to indicate a real problem; however, I've made a
change that I hope will eliminate the warning. Let me know if it doesn't
and I'll try again.

> ### mwcc Compiler:
> # 1247: if (woken = do_wake_all_readers())
> # Warning: ^
> # possible unwanted assignment
> ### mwcc Compiler:
> # 1253: if (woken = do_wake_writer())
> # Warning: ^
> # possible unwanted assignment

The assignments were intentional, but I should have known that putting
them there would cause warnings on some compilers. I've moved the
assignment, so these warnings should be fixed now.

Mike