From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-27 13:30:48

"Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "Rob Stewart" <stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> | From: "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]>

> | > |

> | > Pimpl is an ugly hack for compilation firewalls.
> |
> | Regardless of your opinion of the technique, Dave's statement
> | holds.
>
> there is no requirement that a Pimpl class should be copyable.

What is your point? When I wrote "Pimpl" I was referring to a
programming idiom; people commonly use a clone() function on the impl
to make a Pimpl copyable, and I claim it causes no major confusion.
Whether or not some hypothetical textbook description of "Pimpl" has a
copyability requirement is irrelevant.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting