From: Pablo Aguilar (pablo.aguilar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-27 17:38:44

<snip>

>> * As for #3 and #4, I've got this idea round my head
>> that Boost would benefit of a "community site" where
>> people of various expertise levels could mingle
>> together, post Boost-related articles, etc. Something
>> like CodeProject or Gamedev, which have a less
>> intimidating appearance than www.boost.org. Some months
>> ago I asked for a Boost-related forum in CodeProject,
>> to no avail :(
>
> Something wrong with boost-users?

IMHO, there's no comparison between boost-users and something like
CodeProject. The way I see it, boost-users, is where I go ask a question
when I'm stuck on something and can't find the right way on my own.
CodeProject, on the other hand, is where I'd go publish about my "latest
adventure" with boost (as in something I had to code, had a hard time doing
it, managed to do it, and thought others might benefit from my experience &
ready to use code), and read about others.

The organization of the information available there is much better in terms
of making things easy to find. (Article + discussions about it vs. lots of
posts that are not always correctly threaded)