From: Richard Peters (r.a.peters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-28 03:13:03

"Marcin Kaliciñski" <kalita_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Tracking the disussion on n1774 'Big integer library proposal for C++0x' I
> see there is a lot of controversy about it, and it will probably need much
> tweaking before (if ever) it is accepted.
>
> Wouldn't that be a good idea to have a big integer added to boost so that
we
> can create a 'working practice' before anything gets standarised?

It would be very great :) I have been working on a big integer library, and
already showed a preliminary version here at boost, but I haven't had the
time to really finish it. I'm graduating in a month, and hope to have some
spare time then.

See for the initial discussion
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg04191.php and a recent
discussion http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg79916.php.

> I have some preliminary source code, some spare time, and would volunteer
> work on it if there's enough interest.

Of course, don't let previous work stand in the way. I would love to hear
new insights, so that the best possible proposal is made.

best regards,

Richard Peters