From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-28 09:02:40

Rob Stewart <stewart_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> in 10 lines of code you can have a copyable ptr_vector if you want,
>> I don't see why you can't just do that if you want that?
>
> Because then most users of the library will need to write that
> same code. That means it should be in the library.

I suggest we all drop it. I thought that overwhelming public opinion
might be enough to make Thorsten think differently about this, but he
seems to be committed to his position; I think it's a lost cause.
Next time we will have to pay more attention at review time to what is
getting approved and make sure our votes reflect our design
sensibilities.

Sorry for the turmoil,
Dave

--