From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-29 13:46:33

Thomas Witt wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:
>>

>> With the command line from above with modifications for my own paths:
>>
>> For whatever reason, although #include <cstdarg> is in the source
>> file, when the Comeau compiler is executed it never actually includes
>> the file. This must be a bug in the Comeau compiler but perhaps Greg
>> Comeau has a fix for it.
>>
>> Also even if one does an #include<stdarg.h> it never gets included.
>>
>> I know this sounds preposterous but I have tested this out on my
>> system extensively to determine that this is what is happening. I have
>> no idea what the compiler is doing in this regard.
>>
>> Of course this would explain the va_list error but I have no idea
>> where va_list is coming from in the first place if neither of these
>> files are ever included.
>

> Did you read my post? The compiler is free to implement the standard
> includes in any way it wants and this is what comeau does. And yes it
> seems to be buggy.

I have notified Comeau of the bug. It can be seen just by:

#include <cstdarg>

void test() { std::va_list avar; }

ATEST.CPP(3):
error #276: name followed by "::" must be a class or namespace name
  std::va_list args;
  ^
ATEST.CPP(3):
error #65: expected a ";"
  std::va_list args;
               ^
and just compiling, option -c, with no other options ( vc71 default is
set ). I have notified Comeau of the problem and am awaiting another
response from them. Their first response was to say what you did, about
"compiler magic", but since I did not have a simple test case, I replied
with the example above.