From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-30 10:29:06

Bronek Kozicki wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> Bronek Kozicki wrote:

>>> isn't "va_list" a C macro?
>>
>> No, it is a standard type.
>

> it's not a shame not to use it in C++ programs, thus I'm not ashamed not
> knowing this detail ;)

"Shame" is for acting in a way one knows is wrong, not for not knowing
some area of knowledge. If it were the latter, there is so much I still
do not know about C++ that I would be ashamed all the time when using
it. <g>

I have used varargs very little myself.

> Anyway, I think that my program demonstrates
> workaround.

Yes, it was suggested before on this thread, and will probably be the
workaround used. The test programs which use va_list will need to be
changed for Comeau.

I still have not received acknowledgment from Comeau that this bug
exists after reporting it, but maybe they think it is unnecessary and
are just happy to know about it, or already know about it and have a fix
for their next release.