From: Comeau Computing (comeau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-30 11:06:01

At 08:55 PM 4/29/2005 +0300, Peter Dimov wrote:
>Comeau Computing wrote:
>>At 06:04 PM 4/26/2005 +0300, Peter Dimov wrote:
>>>For shared_ptr in particular, I'd appreciate if "minimal support"
>>>includes recognizing __stdcall (and optionally __declspec(dllimport)
>>>but I think that this is not required) in strict mode so that it can
>>>import InterlockedIncrement and friends from the Windows kernel.
>>>Another alternative would be to pass the _InterlockedIncrement
>>>intrinsic to the underlying VC++ backend as-is, if possible.
>>
>>The minimal support mentioned above was for non-strict mode. Anyway,
>>we're favoring the former for now for a new combo strict mode when
>>that bridge is crossed.
>
>There is also the option of introducing
>
> #pragma backend ...
>
>that simply injects
>
> #pragma ...
>
>in the generated C code.
>
>This would enable me to use
>
> #pragma backend intrinsic( _InterlockedIncrement )
>
>for como-win32-vc*.
>
>I have verified that this results in generated C code that compiles fine
>with the VC backend (by inserting the above #pragma manually at the
>appropriate location).

This seems familiar and believe that although you are correct that the C
code will compile fine, there were still some link problems or something to
work out... exactly what alludes me at the moment, but I should have notes
on that somewhere, so will revisit this especially in light of other progress.

- Greg

-------
Comeau C/C++ 4.3.3: Watch for our Mac port
Comeau C/C++ with Dinkumware's Libraries. Have you tried it?
comeau_at_[hidden] http://www.comeaucomputing.com