From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-01 10:55:45

Iain K. Hanson wrote:

> If we accept a macro as a lib into boost we are sending a message to
> the C++ community that macros are o.k.
If one accepts this position, what does he do with when a truely useful
and/or necessary facility can only be implemented with a macro? By necesity
one must do one of the following:

a) Accept that macros are OK
or
b) conclude that the facility in question isn't really useful or necessary

I don't see any way around this.

> Not only that but we are effective extending the language.

Maybe the necessity of a macro points to a direction in which the language
needs to be extended. But pending that, we're stuck with a macro.

> And where do we stop. Why not accept awk, perl, and python scripts to
re-write our programs. I see
> little difference.

Hmmm - I see no connection here.

Robert Ramey