From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-02 00:38:35

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>>Ever since I fixed bug with locale/manipulators handling (particularly I
>>>added std::locate-support to the list of requirements in Jamfile for
>>>Boost.Test libs) all cw-8_3 tests seems to be crashing at runtime. From
>>>what
>>>I see it's somewhere in iostream implementation. Also I noticed following
>>>in
>>>build log:
>>>
>>>### mwld Linker Warning:
>>># Multiply defined symbol: std::ios_base::ios_base(void)
>>>(??0ios_base_at_std@@IAE_at_XZ) in
>>># files test_tools.obj (libboost_test_exec_monitor.lib),
>>>MSL_All-DLL80_x86_D.dll (MSL_All-DLL_x86_D.lib), keeping definition in
>>>MSL_All-DLL80_x86_D.dll
>>
>>The 8.3 version of CodeWarrior for Windows does not support locales from
>>dynamic libs. The UseDLLPrefix.h header is commonly used to properly set
>>up the import/export flags. This header will also #define _MSL_NO_LOCALE
>>which disables locale support.
>>
>>When linked against static versions of MSL_All, full locale support is
>>available.
>>
>>-Howard
>

>>From what I see it was linked against static version of library (that what
> std::locale-support does). Linker produced only warnings. So what should I
> do to eliminate runtime crash?

If you really must know..

1. Don't use std::locale-support in the test libs.

2. Remove code that needs std::locale from Boost.Test.

I know that second one might seem draconian, but I've been looking at
how to fix it at the BBv1 level, and I don't think it's possible. To
allow having that std::locale-support requirement on the test libs means
  changing *every* Jamfile that references the test libs to also have
the std::locale-support requirement. Which means that if every test we
have uses one of the Boost.Test libraries then *every* test that uses a
DLL will break for CodeWarrior.

I have a question..

Is std::locale support really required by Boost.Test?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything