Boost logo

Boost :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-02 01:31:36

As others have pointed out there were a number of "mysterious" errors
having to do with multiply defined symbols during link. The problem was
in the Boost.Test library which was indirectly relying on std::locale
support. The indirect part is that it's using boost/io/ios_state.hpp
which *assumes* that std::locale is available.

Anyway.. I've checked in changes to make ios_state.hpp compile in the
face of missing locale support. Basically I just conditionally remove
the part that use std::locale based on the BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE config
macro. I also removed the Boost.Test change that causes the multiple

I don't know how many libraries and compilers this affects. But if you
are running incremental tests, expect your next run to be considerably
longer as it's going to recompile Boost.Test. Which will likely
recompile everything else.

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- Redshift Software, Inc. -
-- rrivera/ - grafik/
-- 102708583/icq - grafikrobot/aim - Grafik/

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at