From: Maciej Sobczak (prog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-02 05:46:39

Hi,

There is a thread on comp.lang.c++.moderated where the problem of
manipulating with "heavy" data in STL containers was raised.
The name of the thread is "Messign with expensive objects in containers".

I have posted a solution with the help of a simple view adaptor class
that I wrote a while ago. The code with examples and documentation is here:

http://www.msobczak.com/prog/bin/view.zip (11kB)

Alberto Barbati suggested to post it here for review.
It is different from boost::multi_index in that view operates on already
existing objects or sequences.

Note: the view class itself is very simple and as a concept is only a
fraction of what is available in the View Template Library:

http://www.zib.de/weiser/vtl/

I would like to know your opinion about the view as a concept, and its
simple implementation that I referenced above. It might fit into the
Containers category of Boost libraries.

Regards,

--
Maciej Sobczak