From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-02 11:50:37

Andreas Pokorny wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 04:51:58PM -0700, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>>The new release of xpressive is available now. It represents a complete
>>rewrite of all of xpressive's meta-programming. This is an important
>>milestone on the way to 1.0. I encourage anybody who has been using
>>xpressive to grab the latest version and let me know of any problems.
>>

>Looks nice!
>Could it be possible to write up a small template framework to create
>scanners for spirit with xpressive?

About a year ago, Hartmut Kaiser wrote an xpressive_p() parser for
Spirit which wrapped an xpressive regex. It worked a bit like the
current regex_p parser. Would that meet your needs? I don't know what
became of it. Perhaps Hartmut knows.

>Another thing: I always thought one should not use identifier names
>starting with an underscore like: "_b"?

IIRC, you're not allowed to use names like _B (one underscore followed
by a capital) or names like __b (two underscores). I think names like _b
are OK. If they're not, we're un trouble becuase Boost.Bind,
Boost.Lambda and Boost.MPL use _1 as a placeholder.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting