From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-02 15:14:42

Resending that message, accidently sent it to eric directly, so again:

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 09:50:37AM -0700, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> About a year ago, Hartmut Kaiser wrote an xpressive_p() parser for
> Spirit which wrapped an xpressive regex. It worked a bit like the
> current regex_p parser. Would that meet your needs? I don't know what
> became of it. Perhaps Hartmut knows.

Thats also an interesting usage of xpressive.

I dont have an acute need for scanners, my parsing needs are currently
focused on biological formats which are just database dumps most of the
time. So I have to work on character level most of the time.

But provided that I work on parsing a scripting language, or rather a
language which is intended for parsing by software, I would try to
implement a lexer first. And use that lexer as scanner object in spirit.

I think it is a bit strangely that there are several generic C++
replacements for yacc/bison, but nothing similar to lex/flex, that can
be intergrated into spirit (integrated as scanner that is).

Andreas Pokorny