From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 15:29:33

"Hubert Holin" <Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Paris (U.E.), le 04/05/2005
>
> Bonjour
>
> In article <6.0.3.0.2.20050422110501.042b2a20_at_[hidden]>,
> Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> The C++ standards committee's Library Working Group has proposed a
>> schedule
>> for library changes and extensions:
>>
>> * October 2005: cutoff date for C++0x major library proposals
>> * October 2006: cutoff date for library TR2 proposals
>
> [SNIP]
>
>> So far there are plans to propose Boost.Threads, Boost.Filesystem, and
>> Boost.Signals. As well as proposals for some of the more major libraries,
>> personally hope someone will do a sweep through Boost looking at some of
>> the smaller utilities and helpers for a possible "Small Additions"
>> proposal.
>>
>> --Beman
>

> Dare I say that this time around I would try to not drop the ball
> (again) and propose the quaternions and octonions as possible "Small
> Additions"?

Walter Brown and Marc Paterno from Fermilab are the LWG's numerics guys. If
they are in favor of such a proposal, it would be a big help. I'd suggest
you contact them and ask for their opinions. Contact me privately if you
need their email addresses.

Normally I would volunteer to champion almost any proposal coming out of
Boost, but I don't even know how to pronounce quaternion or octonion!

--Beman