From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 17:14:29

Paul Mensonides wrote:
> [...]

One does not rely on the preprocessor to compile C++. Andrei's argument
was that these tools can be used to create C++ code, not compile them.

However I would argue with Andrei ( you forgot Python among your tools
BTW ) that while these tools might be able to create C++ code, it is
currently far more difficult to use them to do that than it is to use
the C++ preprocessor, largely becaause of lack of code in these tools to
do so. Also, of course, you would need to convince the C++ standards
people that some other tool, as you mentioned, should be integrated into
the C++ compiler to replace the C++ preprocessor as a pre-compiler code
generator. Good luck !