From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-06 16:25:30

"Pavel Antokolsky aka Zigmar" wrote:

>> Either explicit registering of Singleton infrastructure from each DLL
>> would be needed or perhaps using shared segment.
>
> AFAIK there is no platform independent way to deal with shared memory,
> if that what you mean.
> Regarding the problem, I was thinking of some kind of way to specify
> the storage type manually.

A library named Shmem is being developed
(quite mature, can be found in sandbox).

With this or similar library one could allocate small, uniquely named
memory block and singleton infrastructures from each DLLs would
(behind the curtain) use it.

Then there would be no need for separate Win32 interface.

/Pavel