From: Jason Hise (chaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-06 21:10:04

Tobias Schwinger wrote:

> Jason Hise wrote:
>
>> Sorry about the duplicate messages, thunderbird seemed to be having a
>> problem. Hoping it's fixed now.
>>
>> Jason Hise wrote:

>>> It was a while back, but many changes have been made since then.
>>> I'll see if I can track down a copy of gcc to try compiling with it
>>> myself.
>>

>> Actually, now that I'm looking into it it appears that Dev C++ uses a
>> port of GCC by default, and I have successfully tested the latest
>> version with Dev C++, getting no warnings or errors. What error
>> messages are you getting?
>>

> Are you sure you had all warnings enabled (-Wall) ?
>
> It was rather loud on my system. However, I could successfully build
> tests and example with both 3.2 and 3.4 (both MinGW32).
>
> I'll send the output to you in private mail.

Thanks for the heads up that I needed to use the -Wall option (I'm not
used to working with gcc). I am now getting the same warnings that you
sent to me, and am working to correct them.

In many cases I am getting the warning that specific classes have
virtual functions, but non virtual destructors. This is intentional,
because they only have virtual functions in debug mode (pure virtual, to
make the singleton uncreatable by client code) and will never be
destroyed through a pointer to base. I wanted to avoid the overhead of
a vtable in release mode. Is there a way to disable this specific
warning while compiling with gcc?

-Jason