From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-08 12:46:10

For this sole failure on the tests that I run:

http://tinyurl.com/92zns

I did some investigation and narrowed the problem down to this:

===basic_iostream_char_test.cpp===
#include <fstream>

struct my_fstream : public std::basic_fstream<char>
{
     my_fstream() :
std::basic_fstream<char>("basic_iostream_char_test.cpp") { }
};

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
     my_fstream f;
}
===basic_iostream_char_test.cpp===

Which gives a link error of:

  undefined reference to `std::basic_iostream<char,
std::char_traits<char> >::~basic_iostream()'

And AFAICT that particular dtor is not in libstdc++. And for that matter
the entire std::basic_iostream<char,..> instance is missing.

The strange aspect of this is that this exact test passes on Martin's
tests. And of course it's only with this particular gcc. When I compile
with 3.3.5, on the same machine, the symbols exist.

Could others try compiling the above code? Just need to see if it's just
my machine that has this problem before I file a GCC bug report.

--grafik