From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-09 05:14:34

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 09:03:04AM +0000, Martin wrote:

> >But I think, that predicate classes should be placed elsewhere, maybe closer
> to map/set implementation.
>
> What about predicate classes for equals, starts_with etc so you can use them
> with standard algorithms without specifying all template arguments.
>
> Something like:
>
> struct istarts_with_pred {
> template<typename T1, typename T2>
> bool operator()(const T1& arg1, const T2& arg2) const {
> return boost::istarts_with(arg1, arg2);
> }
> };
>
> std::find_if(vectorofstrings.begin(), vectorofstrings.end(), bind<bool>
> (istarts_with_pred(), _1, "prefix"))

I'm aware, that this is precisely what needs to be done. However I'm not yet
100% convinced if if should go to string_algo lib.
Yet, I'm starting to think in favor of it.

> Also, will 1.32 be the last version where string_algo works with VC70?

Vc70 support was temporary dropped because I have switched from internal "Range"
version to the official one. But there is already a work in progress to make
Boost.Range working with vc70. So vc70 will be supported in the upcomming release.

Regards,
Pavol