From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-09 12:54:38

"Tobias Schwinger" <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> wrote

> Is it asked too much to let the user just specify the type ?

but the user can specify the type...:

    float f = double(pi);

> Every variable declaration requires a type so why make things more complicated
> for constants ?

 In the math constants review I understood that not requiring to declare the
type was a desirable feature.

> C++ is a strictly typed language and I really can't see the point in emulating
> loose typedness for constants (especially since you can "declare" a pi
> constant by instantiating an object, e.g: "pi<float> PIf;").

I guess...

Whatever... if explicit type declaration is required so be it... Heigh Ho ...

regards
Andy Little