From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-10 17:24:39

Daniel Wallin wrote:
> Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
> [...]
>> Yes, I'm interested. I'm pretty comfortable implementing the current
>> feature set with above syntax. I'd certainly be interested in you
>> ideas about extensibility, however.
>
> Here's some PP-code that allows a pretty optimal syntax.

Thanks, Daniel! I wasn't sure how to handle cv-qualifiers, and so was pretty
much resigned to using CONST_FN or something like that, and ignoring volatile in
the macro-based IDL.

One thing that remains is to figure out how to handle base interface lists and
member typedefs. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

> Works with
> GCC and probably nothing else, but maybe it's possible to port to
> other preprocessors.

I'll definitely need help with that.

Jonathan